BUSINESS HISTORY REVIEW (Book Review)
- Review of Adam D. Mendelsohn, The Rag Race: How Jews Sewed Their Way to Success in America and the British Empire, Vol. 89 (Autumn 2015), 588-590.
CIVIL WAR BOOK REVIEW (Book Review)
CIVIL WAR MONITOR (Book Review)
- Review of Ben Rapaport, Tobacco and Smoking Among the Blue and Gray, (Nov. 11, 2015).
EARLY AMERICAN STUDIES (Peer-Reviewed Article)
- “Fair Bosom/Black Beard: Facial Hair, Gender Determination, and the Strange Career of Madame Clofullia, ‘Bearded Lady,'” Vol. 12 (Fall 2014), 548-575.
ENCYCLOPEDIA OF GREATER PHILADELPHIA (Encyclopedia Article)
- “Barbershops and Barbers,” (2016).
GALE COLLEGE RESEARCH (Encyclopedia Articles)
- “Slavery in the North,” (forthcoming).
- “Uncle Tom’s Cabin,” (forthcoming).
- “The Annexation of Texas,” (forthcoming).
- “Kansas-Nebraska Act,” (forthcoming).
- “Consumerism and Consumption,” (forthcoming).
- “Alcohol and Temperance,” (forthcoming).
- “Fighting the War,” (forthcoming).
- “The Second Party System,” (forthcoming).
PENNSYLVANIA MAGAZINE OF HISTORY AND BIOGRAPHY (Tech Review)
- “Pennsylvania and the American Civil War: An Annotated Guide to Online Resources,” Vol. CXXXV (Oct. 2011), 513-23.